Having a tight daily schedule can help entrepreneurs achieve success. Here are the reasons why having a daily routine gives entrepreneurs a competitive edge.
Having a daily schedule helps you to:
1. Accomplish a work-life balance: By scheduling in both crucial work tasks and those things that involve family and friends you can ensure everything is taken care of, whether it’s business or family.
2. Optimize your productivity: By knowing what you should be doing at every stage of the day it removes the need for doubt or for prevaricating as to what task to accomplish next in your daily scheduling. This in turn frees up the brain's energy to conduct the tasks at hand with more lucidity thereby ensuring you focus on the chore you are doing, instead of worrying about what you should be doing next.
3. Ensure your health and well-being: In your daily scheduling you should always include exercising, relaxing, healthy-eating and a solid amount of a sleep. Staying in shape and making sure you eat well and sleep enough will give you an edge. Unlike your competitors who may be tired out and unable to think clearly to make the right decisions, your brain will be functioning optimally and you will rarely need sick days if you schedule in your health and well-being.
4. Prevent you from being distracted: If you do not have a scheduled task to perform, you will be easily distracted, by emails, by the demands of your family or employees. However if your daily scheduling stipulates specific times to make phone calls, write or read emails then you will be less likely to stray from the tasks you need to accomplish to have a productive day.
5. You feel confident because not only does your time belong to you but you know it is time well-spent: Having a routine enables you to maintain a sense of structure and familiarity in your life. Structure is a way of organizing your time so that it makes sense to you. With a daily routine that you stick to, you will feel more secure about your goals, your purpose and life in general. You will wake up with a sense of ownership, order, and organization in your life. This in turn will ensure you do not feel lost because of a lack of direction or floundering due to decision paralysis.
6. You can be more creative: Sometimes trouble-shooting or coming up with new ideas to promote your business may seem daunting or you may find you simply do not have enough time in your daily scheduling to do it. However if you include it in your weekly plan it can actually become far easier to brain storm.
It’s like when you first start training for a sporting event; initially it is hard. You might even make excuses to delay it but eventually once you get into the habit, it becomes second nature, you forget about excuses and focus on the workout and even enjoy it. Creativity works the same way, if it is a part of your schedule you don't even question it but instead embrace it!