Effective February 15, 2021
Member acknowledges that due to the imperfect nature of verbal, written and electronic communications, IO shall not be responsible for damages, direct or consequential, which may result from the failure of IO to furnish any service, including, but not limited to, the service of conveying messages, communications and other utility or services required under this Agreement or agreed to by IO.
Member expressly agrees to waive, and agrees not to make any claim for damages, direct or consequential, arising out of any failure to furnish any utility, service or facility, any error or omission with respect thereto, or any delay or interruption of the same.
Member acknowledges that IO will comply with U.S. Postal Service’s rules and regulations regarding Member mail and, upon termination of this Agreement, it will be Member’s responsibility to notify all parties of termination of the use of the above-described address.
2. Termination. IO may immediately suspend Services or immediately terminate this Agreement in the following circumstances:
In the event of termination of this Agreement pursuant to the above, Member will remain liable for past due amounts, and IO may exercise its rights to collect past due or future payments (through the end of the then-current Term), despite termination or expiration of this Agreement. Upon such termination or expiration of this Agreement, a Member or affiliate of a Member will no longer receive the Services and is no longer authorized to access the Center or any other center upon the earlier of the termination or expiration of this Agreement; Member’s removal of such affiliated person from access under Member’s membership, or IO’s notice to Member that such affiliated person’s access has been suspended or terminated pursuant to this Agreement. IO may withhold or terminate Services of persons affiliated with Member for any of the foregoing reasons, and in such circumstances, this Agreement will continue in full force and effect for Member except for the exclusion of the relevant person.
3. Termination of Mail Services. If Member discontinues any mailing address related service, Member agrees to remove the Center’s address from its public records described in the terms and conditions, documentation (including its incorporation and constating documents in the case of Business Identity Live services), websites and any other public place the address may have been used by Member, as applicable. If Member fails to remove the Center’s address from incorporation and constating documents, websites or other public places within 30 days of termination or expiration, then Member will be obligated to pay IO $100 per month for each month the address services continue to be used beyond contract termination or expiration date.
4. Notice of Renewal/Termination. For term-based memberships, Member must provide written notice of Member’s intent not to renew at least 90 days prior to the expiration of the then-current Term for Dedicated Office or co-working services and 60 days’ prior written notice to the expiration of the then-current Term for other services. All Recurring Monthly Services will be subject to the pricing adjustment set forth on the Summary Information page of this Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, for those members on a month-to-month Term, Member must provide written notice of Member’s intent not to renew at least 30 days prior to the expiration of the then-current Term. Recurring fees for month-to-month terms are subject to pricing adjustments on 30 days’ notice.
5. Payments and Escalations. Member’s invoice for Services will be sent by the 1st of the month and Member agrees to pay the amounts contained therein, including the Recurring Monthly Fee and all applicable sales, use, excise and value added tax thereon (including GST/HST). If the 1st falls on a weekend, Member will receive its invoice on the preceding Friday. All payments are due by the 10th of the month. Monthly invoices/statements include recurring charges billed in advance and variable expenses for the month prior. Mailed billings are subject to an additional fee. Overdue payments are subject to a per month late fee and interest. Returned checks and declined EFT's are subject to a return fee of not less than $25.00 per returned check/declined EFT. Overdue payment fees and Returned check/declined EFT fees are cumulative. Member must immediately inform IO of any changes to its contact information. A $3.00 per month charge will be added for mailed billings. Overdue payments shall be subject to a five percent (5%) late fee and a two percent (2%) per month finance charge beginning 30 days from the payment due date.
If the term shall not commence on the first day of a month or end on the last day of a month, fees for any such month shall be prorated. All amounts payable hereunder shall be payable at the office of IO identified in this Agreement or to such other location or to any agent designated in writing by IO. The parties agree that such late charges are fair and reasonable compensation for costs incurred by IO where there is default in any payment due under this Agreement. Multi-year licenses are subject to annual increases equal to the greater of the CPI (Consumer Price Index) increase for the state where the Center is located, but in no event will be less than five percent (5%) annually. Month-to-month licenses are subject to annual increases equal to the greater of the CPI increase for the state where the Center is located, but will in no event be less than five percent (5%) annually and will be applied to the standard rental rate before the month-to-month premium is added. Fees may be increased in an amount above the minimums described above upon 30 days’ notice before the end of the then-current Term.
6. Refundable Retainer. Upon the execution of this Agreement, Member shall pay IO or its agent the Refundable Retainer. The Refundable Retainer need not be kept separate and apart, and no interest shall be paid thereon. In addition to the Refundable Retainer, Member will, upon execution hereof, pay to IO the Monthly Fixed Fee for Base Services plus the Monthly Fixed Fee for Member Services for the full month.
Member agrees that the Refundable Retainer shall not be used by Member as payment for any fees due for the last month of the Term. In the event Member defaults in the performance of any of the terms hereof, IO may terminate this Agreement and the rights herein granted and may also use, apply or retain the whole, or any part of the Refundable Retainer for the payment of any service fee or any other payment due hereunder, or for payment or any other sum which IO may spend by reason of Member’s default. If Member shall, at the end of the Term of this Agreement, have fully and faithfully complied with all of the terms and provisions of this Agreement and, as applicable, surrendered all keys, access cards and building passes. The Refundable Retainer or any balance thereof shall be returned to Member within forty-five (45) days after the end of the Term, subject to deductions for the cleaning fee set forth in “Dedicated Offices - Section 37,” as well as damage to the premises or equipment. The Refundable Retainer may include a damage deposit as specified in the Membership Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that Member cancels any or all Services within the first 12 months, IO may, at its option, retain the Refundable Retainer.
7. Collections. Member agrees that any collection action taken by IO to recover fees under this Agreement may be brought in the county where the Center is located. In the event of a successful collection action by IO, Member agrees to pay all reasonable and related legal fees and costs.
8. Rules of House, Business Conduct and Decorum. In addition to any rules and regulations of the Building, the Policy and Standards documents, or any other rules, policies and/or procedures that are specific to the Center used by Member, Member acknowledges and agrees that:
Member is responsible for ensuring that Member’s affiliates, employees, contractors and guests comply with all Rules of the House, Business Conduct and Decorum, and with all applicable rules and regulations of the Building, the Policy and Standards documents, or any other rules, policies and/or procedures, and Member agrees that in the event of any penalty or fine resulting from the breach of any of the above, that Member will be responsible for paying such penalty or fine.
9. Solicitation. Each party to this Agreement recognizes that the other party’s employees, including its employees’ loyalty and service, constitute a valuable asset. Therefore, unless specifically prohibited by local, state or federal statute, law or regulation, beginning on the Commencement Date and throughout the Term and for one year following its expiration or termination for any reason, neither party shall, without the other party’s prior written consent, directly or indirectly solicit for employment (or engagement as a consultant), any employee of the first party both during their employment and for a period of one year after the end of their employment. The parties agree that this restriction will apply regardless of the circumstances under which the employment ended. The parties agree that determination of the damages of violation of this section are difficult or impossible to accurately estimate. Therefore, the parties agree that the liquidated damages set forth herein represent parties’ best estimate of such damages, and that the parties believe such liquidated damages are a reasonable estimate of such damages. The parties expressly acknowledge that the foregoing liquidated damages are intended not as a penalty, but as fully liquidated damages in the event of breach of this provision and as compensation for the non-breaching party's inability to receive the benefits of continued services of its employee, plus the replacement and training costs for a replacement. The parties agree that a reasonable estimate of damages is an amount equal to 70% of the annual salary of such employee. This amount is based on recruiting costs which can be 30% of the annual salary or more, plus several months of training and lower productivity, plus the cost of disruption to IO’s business.
10. Waiver of Claims. To the extent permitted by law, Member, on Member’s own behalf and on behalf of Member’s affiliates, employees, agents, guests and invitees, waive and release IO from any and all claims and rights against IO and IO’s landlords at the Center and IO’s franchisor, affiliates, parents and successors and each of IO’s and their employees, assignees, officers, agents and directors (collectively, the “IO Parties”) resulting from injury or damage to, or destruction, theft or loss of, any property, person or pet, except to the extent caused by the gross negligence, willful misconduct or fraud of the IO Parties.
11. Indemnification. Member will indemnify the IO Parties from and against any and all claims, including third party claims, liabilities and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, resulting from any breach or alleged breach of this Agreement by Member or Member’s affiliates or Member’s or Member’s affiliate’s guests, invitees or any of Member’s or Member’s affiliates or Member’s or Member’s affiliate’s guests’ or invitees’ actions or omissions, except to the extent a claim results from the gross negligence, willful misconduct or fraud of the IO Parties.
12. Limitation of Liability. To the extent permitted by law, the aggregate monetary liability of any of the IO Parties to Member or Member’s affiliates, employees, agents, guests or invitees for any reason and for all causes of action will not exceed the total Recurring Monthly Fees paid by Member to IO under this Agreement in the twelve (12) months prior to the claim arising. None of the IO Parties will be liable under any cause of action for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, reliance or punitive damages, including loss of profits or business interruption. Member acknowledges and agrees that Member may not commence any action or proceeding against any of the IO Parties, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, unless the action, suit or proceeding is commenced within one (1) year of the cause of action’s accrual. Notwithstanding anything contained in this Agreement to the contrary, Member acknowledges and agrees that Member shall not commence any action or proceeding against any of the IO Parties other than the IO Party Member is directly contracting with hereunder.
Member is responsible for the actions of and all damages caused by all persons that Member, Member’s affiliates or Member’s or Member’s affiliates’ guests invite to enter any of the Center, including, but not limited to, any vendors hired by Member that enter the Center. Member shall not make any settlement that requires a materially adverse act or admission by IO or imposes any obligation upon any of the IO Parties unless Member has first obtained IO’s or the relevant IO Party’s written consent. None of the IO Parties shall be liable for any obligations arising out of a settlement made without its prior written consent.
14. Subordination. This Agreement is subject and subordinate to IO’s lease with IO’s landlord of the Building and to any supplemental documentation and to any other agreements to which IO’s lease with such landlord is subject to or subordinate. However, the foregoing does not imply any sublease or other similar relationship involving an interest in real property.
15. Assignment. Except in connection with a sale of all or substantially all of Member’s Company (including its parent) or its assets, or in the event of a merger, acquisition or other similar transaction, Member may not transfer or otherwise assign any of Member’s rights or obligations under this Agreement (including by operation of law) without IO’s prior consent. IO may assign this Agreement without Member’s consent.
16. Anti-Money Laundering. Member hereby represents and warrants that at all times Member and Member’s members have conducted and will conduct Member’s operations in accordance with all laws that prohibit commercial or public bribery and money laundering (the “Anti-Money Laundering Laws”), and that all funds which Member will use to comply with Member’s payment obligations under this Agreement will be derived from legal sources, pursuant to the provisions of Anti-Money Laundering Laws. Member will provide IO with all information and documents that IO may from time to time request in order to comply with all Anti-Money Laundering Laws.
17. Anti-Corruption Laws. Neither Member nor any of Member’s members, directors, officers, employees, agents, subcontractors, representatives or anyone acting on Member’s behalf: (i) has, directly or indirectly, offered, paid, given, promised or authorized the payment of any money, gift or anything of value to: (A) any Government Official or any commercial party; (B) any person while knowing or having reason to know that all or a portion of such money, gift or thing of value will be offered, paid or given, directly or indirectly, to any Government Official or any commercial party; or (C) any employee or representative of IO for the purpose of: (1) influencing an act or decision of the Government Official or commercial party in his or her official capacity; (2) inducing the Government Official or commercial party to do or omit to do any act in violation of the lawful duty of such official; (3) securing an improper advantage; or (4) securing the execution of this Agreement; (ii) will authorize or make any payments or gifts or any offers or promises of payments or gifts of any kind, directly or indirectly, in connection with this Agreement, the Services or the Office Space. For purposes this section, “Government Official” means any officer, employee or person acting in an official capacity for any government agency or instrumentality, including state-owned or controlled companies and public international organizations, as well as a political party or official thereof or candidate for political office.
18. Severable Provisions. Each provision of this Agreement shall be considered severable. To the extent that any provision of this Agreement is prohibited or otherwise limited, this Agreement shall be considered amended to the smallest degree possible in order to make the Agreement effective under applicable law.
Notices. Any and all notices under this Agreement will be given via email and will be effective on the first business day after being sent. All notices will be sent via email to the email addresses specified on the Summary Information Form, except as otherwise provided in this Agreement. IO may send notices to either (or both) Member or the Authorized Signatory, as IO determines in its reasonable discretion. Notices related to the physical Dedicated Office, Center, Member, other members or other issues in the Center should be sent by Member. Notices related to this Agreement or the business relationship between Member and IO should be sent by Member’s Authorized Signatory. In the event that IO receives multiple notices from different individuals within Member’s company containing inconsistent instructions, the Authorized Signatory’s notice will control unless IO decides otherwise in IO’s reasonable discretion.
19. Entire Agreement. This is the only Agreement between the parties. No other agreements are effective. All amendments to this Agreement shall be in writing and signed by all parties. Any other attempted amendment shall be void. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision hereof shall not affect the remainder hereof.
20. Waiver. All waivers must be in writing and signed by the waiving party. IO’s failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement or its acceptance of fees shall not be a waiver and shall not prevent IO from enforcing any provisions of this Agreement in the future. No receipt of money by IO shall be deemed to waive any default of Member or to extend, reinstate or continue the Term hereof.
Incorporation of Exhibits. All Exhibits and Addenda attached hereto are hereby incorporated herein. The laws of the State in which the Center is located shall govern this Agreement.
21. Joint and Several Liability. All parties signing this Agreement as a partnership or cosigning individuals shall be jointly and severally liable for all obligations of Member. If Member is an entity (partnership, corporation, LLC, etc.), each person signing this Agreement on behalf of such Member hereby confirms that he/she has full legal authority to act on behalf of and bind such Member to this Agreement, and if such person does not have such full authority, then that signing person hereby agrees to be jointly and severally liable for all obligations hereunder of Member.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, Member shall look solely to the interest of IO in IO’s underlying lease with the landlord for the Building for the satisfaction of any of Member’s remedies with regard to the payment of money or otherwise, and no other property or assets of IO shall be subject to levy, execution or other enforcement procedures for the satisfaction of Member’s remedies or with respect to the Agreement, the relationship of the parties to this Agreement, or Member’s use of the Center, such exculpation of personal liability to be absolute.
22. Force Majeure. Neither party will be liable for any failure or delay in performing an obligation under this Agreement that is due to any of the following causes to the extent beyond its reasonable control: acts of God or natural disaster (such as, but not limited to, violent storm, cyclone, hurricane, tornado, blizzard, earthquake, volcanic activity, landslide, tidal wave, tsunami, flood, damage or destruction by lightning, drought); accident, riots, war, terrorist act, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, civil commotion, breakdown of communication facilities, breakdown of web host, breakdown of Internet service provider, natural catastrophes, national or regional emergencies; governmental acts or omissions, changes in laws or regulations, national or local strikes, fire, explosion, generalized lack of availability of raw materials or energy; or any other cause, whether similar in kind to the foregoing or otherwise. For the avoidance of doubt, Force Majeure shall not include a party's financial inability to perform its obligations hereunder, nor does this section apply to negate or delay any payment obligation whether on account of a public health crisis such as COVID-19 or otherwise.
23. No Brokers. Member represents and warrants to IO that there are no agents, brokers, finders or other parties with whom Member has dealt who are or may be entitled to any commission or fee with respect to this Agreement except for those disclosed in writing prior to signing this Agreement. Member will be responsible for fees associated with any undisclosed broker.
24. Services. IO agrees, in consideration for timely payment of the Recurring Monthly Fee and other applicable fees, to provide services to Member as itemized on Page 1 of this Agreement (“Elected Services”). In addition to the Elected Services, IO agrees to provide the following services, as applicable (together with the Elected Services, the “Services”):
All Services are subject to the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement, the rules and regulations of the Building and lease terms with the Building’s landlord, and the Policy and Standards documents. Member shall use the Dedicated Office and auxiliary areas of the facilities solely for general office use in the conduct of Member’s business. Member may add services by filling out an Additional Service Election Form attached as Exhibit B. Upon execution of Exhibit B, the newly-elected services will be included in Member’s Services and the new Recurring Monthly Fee (plus an applicable one-time charge) specified in Exhibit B – Service Modification Addendum.
25. Technology. IO provides shared Internet access to members via a wireless network connection. In order to use all functionality offered by IO, it may be necessary to install software onto a member’s device or other electronic equipment. IO may use a firewall, block sites or otherwise institute limitations on Internet services, and access is provided subject to these conditions and Member acknowledges that these limitations may impact functionality of the Internet service. Member agrees not to use Internet access for any illegal purpose. If a member requests that IO troubleshoot problems a member has with respect to printing, accessing the network connection or other issues, IO will not be responsible for any damage to Member’s equipment.
26. Relationship of the Parties. The parties hereto shall each be independent contractors in the performance of their obligations under this Agreement, and this Agreement shall not be deemed to create a fiduciary or agency relationship, or partnership or joint venture, for any purpose. Member acknowledges and agrees that Member is entering into this Agreement for the purposes of and in the course of Member’s trade, business and/or profession, and not as a consumer. Neither party will in any way misrepresent our relationship.
27. Terms Confidential. The financial terms of this Agreement are strictly confidential and Member agrees not to knowingly or willfully divulge this information to any other member or potential member of IO.
28. Dedicated Office Service. For those members choosing to purchase Dedicated Office services, the following additional services will be included in the definition of “Services.”
29. Office Availability. If for any reason whatsoever, and if applicable pursuant to Member’s Elected Services, IO is unable to deliver possession of the Dedicated Office or a mutually agreed upon alternative office by the Commencement Date, IO will not be subject to any liability on account thereof and Member hereby releases IO from all claims and damages, direct or consequential, as a result of IO being unable to deliver possession. Nevertheless, in such circumstances, this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect and unamended so long as the failure to provide access to the Dedicated Office does not last longer than two months, and in IO’s sole discretion IO either:
Following the two-month period set forth above, if a Dedicated Office has not been provided, Member may either extend the Commencement Date until the Dedicated Office becomes available or elect to cancel this Agreement, and if the Dedicated Office is not delivered to Member within five (5) business days after written notice to IO by Member of its election to cancel this Agreement (“Cancellation Date”), then this Agreement will be terminated as Member’s sole remedy for such failure to provide the Dedicated Office, and in which case any prior payments related to Services to be provided after the Cancellation Date shall be fully refunded by IO to Member.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, if the delay in providing the Dedicated Office is due to Member’s actions or inactions or due to changes in or work to the Dedicated Office requested by Member, IO will not be subject to any liability related to such delay nor will such delay affect the validity of this Agreement and IO shall have no obligation to provide Member with the benefits described in Sections 27(i) and (ii) above for the period of the delay, and Member shall not be entitled to terminate this Agreement and shall be liable for the payment of the Recurring Monthly Fees from the Commencement Date onwards and all other terms and conditions of this Agreement.
If the Center’s facilities are made unusable, in whole or in part by fire or other casualty not due to the negligence of Member, IO may, at its sole discretion, terminate the Agreement upon notice to Member, effective upon such casualty, or may elect to repair, restore or rehabilitate, or cause to be repaired, restored or rehabilitated, the IO facilities without expense to Member, within 90 days or within such longer period of time as may be required because of events beyond IO’s control. The Recurring Monthly Fee for the Dedicated Office shall be abated on a pro rata basis for the period of time the Center is unusable.
30. Office Relocation. In order to accommodate the needs of potential multiple office members, IO will have the right, upon ten (10) days’ prior written notice, to relocate Member to another office in the IO facilities and to substitute such other office for the Dedicated Office contracted herein, provided such other office is substantially similar in area and configuration to Member’s Dedicated Office set out on Page 1 herein, and provided Member shall incur no increase in the total Recurring Monthly Fee or any relocation cost or expense. Where an office move is required by IO, IO will cover relocation costs and expenses of moving Member to a new Dedicated Office.
31. Reserved Access Rights. IO may access Member’s Dedicated Office space, with or without notice, in connection with IO’s provision of the Services.
32. Installations. Member may not make any structural or non-structural installations (including, but not limited to, wall attachments, furniture or IT equipment) or alterations in the Dedicated Office, if applicable, or elsewhere in the Center without prior written approval by IO. Member will be responsible for the entire cost of any installations or alterations, and prior the termination, cancellation or expiration of this Agreement, the cost of removal of such item and restoration of the affected area. IO may deduct the cost of such activities not otherwise paid by Member from the Refundable Retainer. In no event is Member permitted to perform any installations, alterations or removal and restoration thereof anywhere in the Center, including, without limitation, in the Dedicated Office, if applicable. Only a member of IO’s staff is entitled to perform an alternation, installation, removal or restoration.
33. Controlled Substances. Member may not manufacture, sell or distribute a controlled substance, including alcoholic beverages, from the Dedicated Office, if applicable, or obtain a license for such manufacture, importation, sale or distribution using the Dedicated Office or the address of the Center.
34. Storage of Valuable Items. Member will not store significant amounts of valuable goods or commodities (including currency) in the Dedicated Office, if applicable, that is not commonly kept in commercial offices. In the event Member does store such items in the Dedicated Office, IO will not be liable for any such loss and Member waives all rights Member may have to pursue IO for such loss.
35. Removal of Property. Prior to the termination, cancellation, or expiration of this Agreement, by proper written notice by either party, Member must remove all of Member’s property from the Dedicate Office and the Center. After providing Member with reasonable notice, which need not be more than seven calendar days, IO will be entitled to remove and dispose of any property remaining in or on the Dedicated Office or Center after termination, cancellation or expiration of this Agreement. Further, IO will have no obligation to store such property, and Member waives any and all claims or demands regarding such property or IO’s handling or disposal of such property. Member will be solely responsible for paying any fees reasonably incurred by IO regarding such removal. IO shall have no implied obligations as a bailee or custodian, and Member hereby indemnifies IO and agrees to keep IO indemnified in respect of any claims of any third parties in respect of such property. At the termination, cancellation, or expiration of this Agreement, Member will leave the Dedicated Office in as good condition as when Member first began its membership use, normal wear and tear expected. A cleaning fee of $250.00 may be charged for cleaning, painting and general maintenance for each office. IO shall have the right to show the Dedicated Office during the Term, if applicable, to prospective members, provided IO will use reasonable efforts not to disrupt Member’s business.
36. Dedicated Office Technology Options. Wired network connections are available for an additional monthly fee. For those members wishing to use a private wired network, IO may allow Member to install a firewall device for Member’s exclusive use and access, subject to IO’s approval, and Member will be responsible for the same.
Any technical alterations, equipment, adaptations, usage or any changes involving the IO network (including installation of a firewall device) must be done by IO-designated IT personnel only. Routers, printers, phones or any other data hardware must be approved in writing by IO IT prior to usage. Many are not compatible with the IO network and will “crash” the entire system if not installed by IO IT personnel. If approved, a one-time $125 installation minimum fee, paid by Member, is required for all routers. Any member found installing unauthorized equipment or crashing the IO system will be subject to a minimum $500 fine. Any approved technical assistance to Member that involves IO IT personnel will be provided at a minimum. To the extent that IO incurs costs in the connection, installation or removal of any items described in this section that are not otherwise paid by Member, IO may deduct those costs from the Refundable Retainer. Member shall also be responsible for any monthly fees incurred relating to Member’s private, secured wired network.
37. Insurance. Member is responsible for maintaining, at Member’s own expense and at all times during the Term, personal property insurance and commercial general liability insurance covering Member and Member’s members for property loss and damage, injury to Member’s members and Member’s members’ guests or pets, and prevention of or denial of use of or access to, all or part of the Center, in form and amount appropriate to Member’s business and in with an aggregate limit in an amount not less than one million dollars. In addition, Member is responsible for maintaining, at Member’s own expense and at all times during the Term, workers’ compensation insurance providing statutory benefits in accordance with the law and employer’s liability in an amount appropriate to Member’s business. Member will ensure that IO and the landlord of the applicable Center shall each be named as additional insureds on Member’s commercial general liability policy and that all insurance policies shall include a clause stating that the insurer waives all rights of recovery, under subrogation or otherwise, Member may have against IO and the landlord of the applicable Center. Member shall provide proof of insurance upon IO’s request. The limit of said insurance shall not, however, limit the liability of Member hereunder. Member agrees that failure by Member to provide such coverage increases IO’s risk of loss and may increase IO’s cost of insurance which can be charged back to said Member.
38. Nature of the Agreement. The whole of the Dedicated Office remains IO’s property and in IO’s possession and control. IO is giving Member the right to share with IO the use of the Dedicated Office so that IO can provide the Services to Member.
Notwithstanding anything in this Agreement to the contrary, Member and IO agree that our relationship is not that of landlord-tenant, lessor-lessee, or licensor-licensee, and this Agreement in no way shall be construed as to grant Member or any affiliate any interest, title, easement, lien, possession or related land use rights in IO’s business, the Center, the Dedicated Office or anything contained in or on the Center or Dedicated Office. This Agreement creates no tenancy interest, leasehold estate, or other real property interest; rather IO is providing Member with a non-exclusive, personal and non-transferable right to share the use of workspaces at the Center with IO and other members on the terms and conditions herein.
Intelligent Office Jacksonville Policies and Procedures
Welcome to Intelligent Office of Jacksonville (IOJ). The premier virtual office in Jacksonville, Florida. This introductory document will provide the policies and procedures specifically for the Riverplace Tower facility. We welcome you as a client and look forward to a long and prosperous relationship.
Street Parking: Riverplace Boulevard has recently been reconstructed to narrow the travel lanes, providing on-street parking which is free all day. This is on a first-come, first-served basis. The narrower travel lanes have provided space to accommodate pedestrians and bicycles as well.
Short Term Parking: On the west side of the building are several short term (15 minute) spots.
Daily and Visitor Parking: On the west side of the building, in front of the Double Tree hotel, is a daily and visitor flat lot. This lot is free for the first half hour. Rates are $2.00 for the first hour, $1.00 each additional hour up to a maximum of $6.00 a full day. Bring your parking ticket into IOJ for validation. These validation costs will be added to your bill the next month.
Monthly Parking: This option is for full-time office renters. IOJ has access to monthly parking in the flat lot or parking deck on the east side of the building. Please work with the IOJ Business Consultant for any monthly parking rental needs.
River Tower Place building entry
The Riverplace Tower has 24/7 on-site security. Access to the building is available on the Concourse and Plaza levels. The security desk is on the east side of the concourse level. Note that the elevator bank to the 8th floor is located on the east end of the building. Normal business hours for the Riverplace Tower are as follows:
M – F, from 7am to 6pm
Saturday, 8am to 1:00 pm
Sunday – After Hours membership requires.
After Hours Membership - To obtain entry to IOJ during non-business hours an after-hours membership is required. A key card will be provided at a fee per month for this service. The card will give access to the Concourse level outside doors. Upon entry you need to sign in at the guard security station on the concourse level (East side). The elevators will only work with a pass card that needs to be scanned to obtain access to the 8th floor.
Suite 800 Entry
The doors to suite 800 remain open 24/7. Security is controlled on the floor through the elevator access. As such, the main Suite 800 door is open at all times. Simply push the door to open. When meeting with a client after Intelligent Office’s staffed hours, please clean all areas used by your company and clients, turn off any appliance used and turn off lights before leaving.
Medium & Large Conference Rooms: Conference rooms are open 24/7. Simply push the doors open to access the conference rooms. . When meeting with a client after Intelligent Office’s staffed hours, please clean all areas used by your company and clients, and turn off the lights before leaving. The phones in each conference room are suited for speaker based calls. For additional information of the use of these phones please contact the front desk.
To use the multifunctional printer: A private copier code will be issued for access and billing. The printer driver must be installed on your computer before printing. Instructions are available at the front desk. Enter your 4-digit code on the keypad in the Department Code, then press “OK”. You now have access to scan, copy, fax, and use all the functions of the machine. Based upon your code the costs will be added to your bill on the month following the usage. After you complete your functions the code will be cleared after a few minutes.
Phone Usage: To use the phone input the area code and number to connect to your party. No need to access an outside line.
Fax: The multi-functional printer has fax capabilities. Please see an Intelligent Assistant for instruction on using this feature. The fax number at IOJ is: 904-562-1361
Lobby Listing Details: Lobby listing additions, deletions and changes will appear on the first of each month. All listings appear in standardized size and font. Symbols and bold font are not available. NOTE: (1) Revisions to the original listings can be accepted up to five days before the end of the month. Installation charges may apply to any changes made to your directory listing. (2) Intelligent Office reserves the right to determine appropriate configurations of text appearing in the directories to ensure a professional appearance. (3) Listings will appear alphabetically, and are subject to listing company’s rules and regulations.
Keys and mailboxes will be assigned as required. Clients agree that all copies of keys must be made through IOJ only. If all keys are not returned at the termination of services a fee of $50.00 will be assessed to your account. Additional keys are available for a fee.
VM-to-Email Details: This feature sends audio voicemail messages to your email address in a “wave” (.WAV) file. The email will appear as follows:
Sender: email@example.com or (phone-number)@intelligentoffice.com
Subject: Voice Message from Unknown Caller (or Caller’s phone number)
When you open the attachment, the message will automatically play in your primary player (Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, etc). Email messages can be saved, deleted and forwarded. .wav or .mp3 files (attachments) can be saved on your computer.
NOTES: (1) If you receive voicemail-to-email, the message also remains in the voicemail system for 72 hours before it is deleted by the system. (2) Be aware that it is possible that messages will go to your junk mail. If that occurs, add the email address to your safe senders list. (3) Do not reply to these messages.
Having your mail forwarded to a designated address is an available service we provide as well. This can be done per request or scheduled as frequently as weekly for a flat fee + postage costs. Please contact our Business Consultant if you are interested in setting this up.
As a member of IOJ you will have access to the gym on the concourse level of the Riverplace Tower. To access the gym you need to obtain an access card from our Intelligent Office Staff. This requires filling out a gym form so see the IA’s about this great benefit.
Kitchen & Coffee
As a member of IOJ you have access to the kitchen in the rear of the facility. Dishes, glasses and silverware are for the use of the customers and staff. Please respect the area and clean up after using. Put all dirty dishes in the dishwasher and clean the microwave or other areas you have used. Coffee is provided as a courtesy to our clients and the IA staff will prepare the pots. Please ask for assistance if the pots are empty. Note: coffee water, or catering for a client in a conference room will be coordinated by the IA staff and additional fees will be required. The fridge is also available for clients and staff. The fridge will be cleaned out on Fridays.
Note that Suite 800 has 24/7 security camera surveillance. These cameras are used to provide a secure environment and provide for documentation of conference room or office hourly usage.
Thank you and we look forward to supporting your vision.
Effective February 15, 2021
Dedicated Office. Entitles the Member to have and use a private full-time office with 24/7 access, and except where specifically excluded, Intelligent Assistant services. The location of the Dedicated Office, if applicable, is set forth in Exhibit A. In addition, Member will have reasonable use of IO common area facilities. Member must use the office and auxiliary areas of the facilities solely for general office use in the conduct of the Member’s business.
Professional Meetings Package. Provides the Member access to OnDemand office space and meeting rooms at the discounted Member rate.
Facilities Only. Members are entitled to use the OnDemand offices and conference rooms in the Center at discounted hourly rates (subject to availability. Reservations can be made in person, via email, via phone or via the web portal. Members may also use the Center address as a business address for routine business matters. IO may accept packages and serve as a drop-off and pickup location for the Member’s business. (Additional fees may apply.) Member may not use the mailing address for registered agent purposes.
Mailing Address. Allows the Member to use the Center address as a business address for routine business matters. IO may accept packages and serve as a drop-off and pickup location for the Member’s business. (Additional fees may apply.) Member may not use the mailing address for registered agent purposes.
Business Identity Live. Includes the Facilities Only services and allows the Member the following:
Phone Answering Services. Entitles the Member to receive phone calls and/or faxes to an Intelligent Office (IO) dedicated business telephone number and to have Intelligent Office Assistants answer those phone calls in the company or business name, in the manner designated by the Member. IO will answer all incoming phone calls, unless otherwise mutually agreed, during normal business hours. Unless otherwise noted, normal business hours are Monday – Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 PM, excluding federally recognized holidays as follows: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
IO will answer and direct calls in a mutually agreed upon manner to fit the Member’s business needs. Member acknowledges that due to the imperfect nature of verbal, written and electronic communications, IO shall not be responsible for damages, direct or consequential, which may result from the failure of IO to furnish any Service, including, but not limited to, the Service of conveying messages, communications and other utility or Services required under this Membership Agreement or agreed to by IO.
The Member expressly agrees to waive, and agrees not to make any claim for damages, direct or consequential, arising out of any failure to furnish any utility, Service or facility, any error or omission with respect thereto, or any delay or interruption of the same.
Vireo Voice® Business Phone Services. As a stand-alone product or an extension of a phone answering service, Vireo Voice® allows businesses to utilize their business phone number for direct inbound and outbound calling and texting.